司琴階梯ABC教學系列

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Google Alert - Phrygian mode

Google
Phrygian mode
Weekly update April 29, 2018
NEWS
The thick, heavy Mastodon guitar sound comes from tuning all six strings down by a tone (two frets) to DGCFAD. For their other trademark tunings Bill and Brent tune the sixth string down a further tone to C (CGCFAD) or even all the way down to A (AGCFAD).
Google Plus Facebook Twitter Flag as irrelevant
WEB
Thinking in terms of modes/scales vs chords..what do you do and why?
To this day, that latter thinking is what stuck with me the most...Mixolydian? sure...i know what that is, but tell me that the solo section of a song is in "D Phrygian" mode, and you'll get a thousand yard stare from me for a minute or two while I work out in my head what that is. Tell me to play a Db9b13 chord ...
Google Plus Facebook Twitter Flag as irrelevant
You have received this email because you have subscribed to Google Alerts.
RSS Receive this alert as RSS feed
Send Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment